Scribner City Council March 22, 2021 6:30pm in the Furstenau Community Center
1. Acknowledgement of Open Meetings Act, Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Notice of Executive Order #21-02 & 20-36, Waivers of Public Meetings Requirements.
3. Citizen Comments.
4. Approval of Minutes: February Regular Meeting, 3/1/21 Emergency Meeting & Treasurer’s Report.
5. Public Hearing: 2020 City of Scribner, 1&6 Year Road Plan @ 6:40 P.M.
6. Discussion and possible action regarding Resolution #598-21, a Resolution adopting the 2021 City of Scribner 1&6 Year Road Plan.
7. Discussion and possible action regarding Scribner-Snyder Community Schools offer to assist in city-wide beautification.
8. Discussion with representative from Municipal Energy Agency of Nebraska (MEAN) on large increase in electrical costs during the month of February.
9. Discussion and possible action regarding Resolution #599-21, a Resolution authorizing a line of credit from Scribner Bank not to exceed $500,000.00 for payment of electrical charges from MEAN, pledge certificates of deposit #16707, #17425, and sign updated security agreement.
10. Consideration and approval or rejection of the following:
a. Police Report
b. Nuisance Abatement Update
c. Library Report
d. Economic Development Director’s Report
e. LB 840 Local Sales Tax Report
f. Training Update
11. Discussion and possible action regarding accepting minutes from 3/15/2021 Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting, 7/1/2019-12/31/2019 Semi Annual Review, 1/1/2020-6/30/2020 Semi Annual Review, and 7/1/2020-12/31/2020 Semi Annual Review.
12. Discussion and possible action regarding request from Myron and Jeanette Groppe for permission to use city owned property behind their house for play production directed by granddaughter Taylor Groppe.
13. Discussion and possible action regarding outside ball teams using City fields for tournaments (Covid-19).
14. Update on ballfields.
15. Update on Swimming Pool.
16. Update Cyber-Security.
17. Dodge County Planning and Zoning Meeting 2/23/2021.
18. Update Section 14 Project.
19. Discussion and possible action regarding approval of application for SVFD and Rescue Squad by Tyler Popken.
21. Consideration and approval or rejection of the following special claims and matters:
a. Approve actions of City Administrator signing Master Agreement for DOE Reporting and Compliance Services with NMPP.
b. Approve actions of City Administrator in Request for Services Form EIA-860 and payment of annual fee to NMPP in the sum of $400.00.
c. Approve actions of City Administrator in Request for Services Form EIA-923 and payment of annual fee to NMPP in the sum of $400.00.
d. Approve payment of invoice 437396 to NMC for service call during rolling blackout in the amount of $1,123.87.
22. Discussion and possible action regarding replacement or further repair of 1979 Champion motor grader.
23. Discussion and possible action regarding replacement of Ex-mark mower.
24. Discussion and possible action regarding floodplain violations in City of Scribner’s jurisdiction.
25. Update on staffing and suggested performance-based raise.
26. Approve paying of bills.
27. Next Council Meeting April 26, 2021 at 6:30 P.M.
*The council reserves the right to convene into executive session on any appropriate matter.