SCRIBNER CITY COUNCIL
April 26, 2021
1. Acknowledgement of Open Meetings Act/ LB 83E, Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Notice of Executive Order #21-02 & 20-36, Waivers of Public Meetings Requirements.
3. Citizen Comments.
4. Approval of Minutes: March Regular Meeting & Treasurer’s Report.
5. Update on City-Wide Beautification – SSCS.
6. Consideration and approval or rejection of the following:
- Police Report
- Nuisance Abatement Update
- Economic Development Director’s Report
- LB 840 Local Sales Tax Report
- Training Update
7. Discussion and possible action regarding possible sub-leasing of Legion Meeting Room or leasing old City Offices for Life-Skills Training by Scribner/Snyder Community Schools.
8. Discussion and possible action approving minutes of Planning Commission Meeting held 4/20/2021.
9. Discussion and possible action regarding Resolution #601-21, a Resolution of the City of Scribner, Dodge County, Nebraska, approving Replat #1 of the Scribner Industrial Park Subdivision.
10. Discussion and possible action approving Agreement No. XL2116, PROJECT NO. S-275-6(1053) CONTROL NO. 32302A, CITY OF SCRIBNER, DODGE COUNTY, STATE OF NEBRASKA, DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, US 275 SCRIBNER TO WEST POINT, PEBBLE CREEK LEVEE.
11. Discussion and possible action regarding Resolution #600-21, a Resolution authorizing Mayor of Scribner to sign Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Agreement with the Nebraska Department of Transportation for the Pebble Creek Levee being constructed with Project No. 275-6(1053) as part of the improvements on Highway US-275.
12. Discussion and possible action regarding purchase of PowerManager software and service plan from NMPP.
13. Update on ballfields.
14. Update on Swimming Pool.
15. Update on City Park shelters.
16. Update Cyber-Security.
17. Update from Dodge County Planning Meeting 4/20/21.
18. Update Section 14 Project.
19. Update on Mohr Auditorium(CCCFF).
20. Discussion and possible action approving actions of Mayor and City Administrator sending response to Letter of Noncompliance, RE: Scribner Wastewater Treatment Facility-Ammonia Limits.
21. Discussion and possible action approving actions of Mayor and Utility Superintendent sending Application Permit and Signatory Authorization Form for Scribner Wastewater Treatment Facility.
23. Consideration and approval or rejection of the following special claims and matters:
- Approve payment of Notary renewal for Mary Boschult in the amount of $102.18.
- Approve payment of concrete and labor due to digging in wrong area for water main leak actions 216 Pebble Street in the amount of $1,833.80.
- Approve payment of Inv. # 301734 from MEAN electrical purchase in the amount of $510,748.01.
24. Discussion and possible action regarding MEAN daily report for demand bid (load forecast) and information request on generation units for unit dispatch.
25. Update from Unicameral and bills addressing high gas and electrical bills.
26. Discussion and possible action due to high gas and electric bills during polar vortex.
27. Discussion and possible action regarding bid from NMC for 2005 Caterpillar 140H motor grader.
28. Discussion and possible action regarding floodplain violations in City of Scribner’s jurisdiction.
29. Update on staffing.
30. Approve paying of bills.
31. Next Council Meeting May 24, 2021 at 6:30 P.M.
*The council reserves the right to convene into executive session on any appropriate matter.