August 24, 2020 6:30 P.M.
- Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance
- Citizen Comments.
- Approval of Minutes: July Regular Meeting, 7/30/2020 Special Meeting & Treasurer’s Report.
- Consideration and approval or rejection of the following:
a. Police Report
b. Nuisance Abatement Update
c. Economic Development Director’s Report
d. LB 840 Local Sales Tax Report
e. Training Update
- Discussion and possible action regarding Ordinance 524-12, an Ordinance of the City of Scribner, Nebraska defining and prohibiting vicious dogs within the City.
- Discussion and possible action regarding amended Ordinance #588-20, An Ordinance regulating residential fireplaces and fire pits in City of Scribner, 1st Reading.
- Discussion and possible action regarding cash rent for City of Scribner owned farmland.
- Discussion and possible action regarding possible sale of Workforce Housing lot at Railroad Place.
- Update Electrical Generation.
- Update Swimming Pool.
- Discussion and possible action regarding bids for filter repair, variable speed drive for pool pump and possible automation of chemical injector at pool from Aqua-Chem-Inc.
- Discussion and possible action regarding bid for additional concrete parking at Scribner Fire Station.
- Consideration and approval or rejection of the following special claims and matters:
a. Ken Funk Construction: Electrical Generation Claim $1,790.16
b. Aqua-Chem, Inc.: Swimming Pool Claim $2,540.63
c. Iowa Pump Works: Sewer Plant – equipment, Smartfloe system $15295.12
d. NENEDD: Housing Reuse – construction & gen. admin. $240.00
e. Glass House: Office – teller window $780.00
f. Ruda Septic: Pool – pump filter $350.00
- Update on utility relocation U.S. 275 Highway Bypass.
- Discussion on operation of City Offices.
- Set date for budget hearing.
- Review Proposed Budget Worksheet.
- Approve paying of bills.
- Next Council Meeting September 28, 2020 at 6:30 P.M.
*The council reserves the right to convene into executive session on any appropriate matter.