On behalf of the State of Nebraska’s Economic Development, the City of Scribner was recently awarded funds toward the renovation of Mohr Auditorium.
Under the Civic and Community Center Financing Fund (CCCFF), the city will be receiving $60,000 toward the project.
Anthony Goins, the state’s director of the department of the economic development, worked on deciding whether Scribner would receive these funds, saying, “This project ranked highly compared to other applicants.”
The city was chosen for this CCCFF grant based on:
- The project is located within the city’s limits
- The city owns the facility
- The city oversees the facility
- The city was willing to match the funds
The funds will be used toward:
- Making the facility more handicapped accessible
- Improving Wi-Fi capabilities
- Improving the overall sound system
- Improving the projection capabilities
- Covered Entrance
- Updating existing sign
- Adding additional signage to accommodate new highway access