December 27, 2022 • 6:30PM • Community Center
1. Acknowledgement of Open Meetings Act, Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance
2. Citizen’s Comments.
3. Discussion and possible action approving minutes of Scribner Cemetery Board meeting held 11/14/22.
4. Discussion and possible action regarding Ordinance # 600-22, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF SCRIBNER, DODGE COUNTY, NEBRASKA SETTING SALARIES FOR THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL; PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE AND REPEALING ALL ORDINANCES OR PARTS OF ORDINANCES IN CONFLICT.
5. Accept Dodge County Canvassing Board 2022 General Election Results for Mayor and Council of the City of Scribner.
6. Approval of Minutes: November Regular Meeting & Treasurer’s Report.
7. Adjourn Sine Die for City Reorganization.
8. Oaths of Office.
9. Discussion and possible action regarding nomination forCouncil President.
10. Discussion and possible action regarding Scribner Bank as official Depository of the City.
11. Discussion and possible action regarding the Rustler-Sentinel as official Newspaper of the City.
12. Letter of Resignation.
13. Discussion and possible action regarding appointment of City of Scribner Officials: City Administrator/Clerk/Treasurer, City Attorney, City Accountant, Annual Auditor, City Prosecuting Attorney, City Engineer, Street Superintendent, Floodplain Administrator, Civil Defense Director, Police Chief.
14. Discussion and possible action regarding Council members appointment to Committees.
15. Discussion and possible action regarding citizens appointments to City boards.
16. Consent Agenda:
(Items under Consent Agenda are proposed for adoption by one action for all items unless any member of the Council requests that an item be considered separately.)
a. Approve Claims.
c. Approve Monthly Reports: LB 840 Sales Tax Report, Economic Development Director’s Report,Administrator’s Report.
d. Motion to adopt Consent Agenda
17. Police Report & Nuisance Abatement.
18. Discussion and possible actions regarding Nuisance Abatement.
22. Discussion and possible action regarding Ordinance #599-22, AN ORDINANCE AMENDING AND IMPOSINGRATES, FEES AND CHARGES FOR THE SALE OF NATURAL GAS BY THE CITY OF SCRIBNER, NEBRASKA; REPEALING SAID SECTIONS TO HARMONIZE WITH STATE LAW; TO REPEAL CONFLICTING ORDINANCES AND SECTIONS; TO PROVIDE AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
23. Update on Section 14 Project.
24. Next Council Meeting January 24, 2023 at 6:30 P.M.
*The council reserves the right to convene into executive session on any appropriate matter.