August 30, 2021
- Acknowledgement of Open Meetings Act/ LB 83E, Roll Call & Pledge of Allegiance
- Citizen’s Comments.
- Approval of Minutes: July Regular Meeting & Treasurer’s Report.
- Discussion and possible action setting date and time of Budget Hearing.
- Discussion and possible action regarding purchasing of natural gas for upcoming heating season.
- Discussion and possible action regarding cybersecurity update and proposals from Jensen Technology and 12 Points Technologies.
- Consideration and approval or rejection of the following:
a. Police Report
b. Nuisance Abatement Update
c. Economic Development Director’s Report
d. LB 840 Local Sales Tax Report
e. Training Update
- Discussion and possible action regarding request to close section of Fulton Street from Main to 3rd on 10/02/2021 for a beer garden from Mel’s Bar and Lounge.
- Discussion and possible action regarding Ordinance #592-21, an Ordinance adding Production Cost Adjustment (PCA), setting user charges, rates, fees, and schedules for Water, Sewer, Natural Gas, and Electricity utilities.
- Electrical Generation Update.
- Update on 5050 Ford tractor.
- Update on US 275 Pebble Creek Levee O&M Agreement.
- Update on PowerManager software integration.
- Consideration and approval or rejection of the following special claims and matters:
a. Approve actions of City Administrator in signing proposal with Midco Diving & Marine Services, Inc. for water tower inspection in the amount of $2,736.00.
b. Payment of Inv. #537 from Hunke Electric wiring Scribner City Park in the amount of $1,598.40.
- Update on Emergency Declaration for ice storm damages, November 2020.
- Update on Section 14 Project.
- Approve actions of Mayor signing of updated Tolling Agreement with MEAN.
- Discussion and possible action approving arbitration to contest high February electric bill from MEAN if needed.
- Discussion and possible action regarding floodplain violations in City of Scribner’s jurisdiction.
- Discussion and possible action approving Resolution #603-21, a Resolution adjusting solid waste fees from Waste Connection’s contract with City.
- Discussion and possible action regarding identified paving and repair projects in Scribner.
- Discussion and possible action regarding premium audit statement and added equipment from EMC/Swanson Insurance.
- Discussion and possible action, final review of 2021-2022 Budget Worksheets.
- Approve paying of bills.
- Next Council Meeting September 27, 2021 at 6:30 P.M.
*The council reserves the right to convene into executive session on any appropriate matter.